Annunci

project papers are on Moodle

project papers are on Moodle

di Antonio Trovato -
Numero di risposte: 0

Dear Students,

sorry for the delay; now you can find all the papers related to the project list in the folder "exam_projects" (with subfolders referring to different general topics). Some more comments and needed details about exam organization:

- you are in all cases expected to prepare a presentation (most likely with slides, but you can do it on the blackboard if you prefer); your presentation should last around 1/2 hour; then I will ask some questions related to your presentation

- in the (hopefully most unlikely) case the exam grade is not accepted by the student, she/he will need to select a different project (among the available ones) when retaking the exam; the first selected project will remain not available to other students

- the one-to-one correspondence between students and projects is supposed to be maintained for the whole 2020; an already assigned project will not be available for the rest of the year (except in the case described below)

- ONLY students willing to take the exam within the end of the winter session (February 29th, 2020) are allowed to select a project within next sunday; in case the exam is not taken within that date, the selected project will then become available to other students

- the projects yet to be assigned after sunday deadline could be selected later on at any time (again with some constraint on the planned exam date); I will provide other deadlines with the only purpose of avoiding debates on choice priority

- I will add other projects to the list, soon after the end of the course, not only on the subjects of the next lectures; again, you are invited to suggest a specific idea or topic if you wish

- the project description is very brief (but see also the specific comments below on simulation projects): you are in general expected to be mature enough to "digest" and organize the source material by yourself; yet, you are welcome to discuss with me in case of any major doubt

- one paper corresponds to one project (with the exception of the Hinrichsen paper, to be used only as a reference in the simulation projects, see below)

- the simulation projects related to percolation are somehow similar to each other, they all refer to the technique used in Fig. 20 of the Hinrichsen paper: we will discuss the details

- in the "RW with absorbing barrier" project, the general idea is to verify with a simulation the analytical results: we will discuss the details

Kind Regards

Antonio Trovato